Developmental Screening Tool Kit
Help Me Grow Ventura County developed this tool kit to provide you with best practices in the developmental screening process focused in the early care and education settings.
Contact us to get copies of this Tool Kit and accompanying Parent Information Card. These materials provide useful information about incorporating developmental screening into your program. Additionally, access information about the what and why of developmental screening, information about the ASQ-3, communicating with parents, and Referral and Resource information. Some of this information is also provided below.
Resource Referral Information
For help with system navigation:
Family Support Services (Ventura County Public Health (VCPH)
- Provides resources for children found ineligible for mandated services
- Provides family navigation services to assist in working through complex system
- Complete form or call 805-981-5240
For training and support for families:
First 5 Ventura County- Neighborhoods for Learning (NfL)
- Early learning classes for children prenatal to 5
- Health and Family Strengthening resources
For assistance with behavioral concerns:
Triple P Parenting – Positive Parenting Program
For families living in Oxnard, Ventura, Port Hueneme, Saticoy contact New Dawn Counseling & Consulting, Inc.
New Dawn Referral Form
For families living in Santa Paula, Moorpark, Simi Valley, El Rio, Pleasant Valley, Conejo Valley contact Interface
Interface Referral form
Family Resource Center – Tri-Counties Regional Center
- Works in partnership with regional center providing parent support
- West County – call Oxnard office at 800-332-3679
- East County – call Simi Valley office at 800-517-2524
2-1-1 Information & Referral
- Provides callers with information about services available to them including basic needs, support for children and families, and much more.
Call 2-1-1 or visit www.211ventura.org to search for available resources
School District Referral
Parent or guardian must make referral to school district. Click below to review sample letter and access blank template.
ASQ Age and Adjusted score calculator
Use to easily determine correct ASQ questionnaire and adjusted score when ASQ questions are unanswered
Additional ASQ Resources
Flyer encouraging parents to participate in developmental screening process
Direct links to additional information
Tips for Talking with Parents (CDC Learn the Signs. Act Early.) Available in English and Spanish.